Wednesday 24 June 2009

Salcombe Institution up for Sale

You may think I am going to tell you that Salcombe Yacht Club or The Marine Hotel are up for sale...NO...this is far more important! Captain Morgans is on the market and could be yours for a very reasonable £130k...

I wish I was in a position to buy this place as it could be a real gold mine. I hate to think how much I have spent on bacon sandwiches there over the years!!! At £130k I would say it's a steal, surely if you get it right you could turnover at least £200k a year?

If I was the Salcombe Coffee Company chap I would be snapping this place up to cater for the over-flow form his Fore St cafe and the plentiful punters getting off their boats in the summer.

Also for sale is what I presume is the Oyster Shack which I hadn't heard was for sale. This you can get for £125k, £5k less than Captain Morgans. I must admit I have never felt the need to go to Island Street and pay a fortune to look out a mud whilst eating an over priced seafood meal...maybe I am not the only one and this is the reason for the sale and the cheap price??

Read the prospectus for both businesses....

2 comments:

00kevin said...

Think you will find its not the Oyster Shack but Jack Spratts, the ex Chicken and Pizza place upstairs.

Anonymous said...

No the Oyster Shack is for sale and the lease on what was Jack Spratts is also for sale.

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com