Monday 11 February 2008

Competition Time....win a Devon or Salcombe T-shirt

Ok it's competition time on OODevon...

Win a "OODevon T-shirt" in a colour of your choice, with either Devon or Salcombe on the back. There will a prize for the first correct answer and a prize for the name drawn from a hat of all other entrants.

To enter all you have to do is email OODevon with your answer the following Question:

Who wrote this famous poem when crossing "The Bar" into Salcombe:

Crossing the Bar

Sunset and Evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;

For though from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crossed the bar.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has the competition finished yet? Could we have the results please?

Anonymous said...

Any news on the winners?

Anonymous said...

Still no news on the winners??!!

Anonymous said...

Have I won? ookevin

OOdevon said...

OOKevin I didnt receive an entry from you? Did you use a different name?

results to follow...sorry for delay, problems with t-shirt printers and chaos at work!

Anonymous said...

5 months on from the competition - still no results available?

OOdevon said...

The winner has received their T-Shirt...The runner up didnt ever send me their address.

OOKevin, I have a new T-Shirt order coming in over the next few days, send me your address and I will send you one, gratis!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the offer but couldn't wait any longer so bought one in the Crew shop (withy the aid of a small mortgage)

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com