Wednesday 7 November 2007

House Prices Still Rising in Salcombe and South Hams

I know it's a constant theme on here but it's one that amazes me! How can Salcombe get anymore expensive? Now I love Salcombe as much as anyone having lived my entire childhood in the area and on the estuary but what is happening now is crazy!

These are the last 3 months figures for the South Hams, a near enough 5% rise! I thought house prices were supposed to be coming down?

South Hams
Average Cost: £325,909
Detached: £432,316
Semi-detached: £262,753
Terraced: £230,045
Flat: £296,421


Change in last quarter: 4.7%
Change in last year: 11.6%
Sales: 544


I think the wealth attracted to the area is great and has ensured that Salcombe has remained a buoyant place, anyone that thinks Salcombe would have survived on just fishing and chandlery is living in a dream world, but soon it will only be the super rich who can buy property here. What makes Salcombe special is the mix of people who live, holiday and own second homes here, if it becomes a haven for the rich and famous we can kiss it goodbye as we know it...

No comments:

 
Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com